1 Collection and use of personal information
• Performance of a contract: this is when the processing of your personal information is necessary in order to perform our obligations under a contract;
• Legal obligation: this is when we are required to process your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency;
• Legitimate interests: we will process information about you where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business to do so in order to further that business, so long as it doesn’t outweigh your interests; or
• Your consent: in some cases, we will ask you for specific permission to process some of your personal information, and we will only process your personal information in this way if you agree to us doing so. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of the ‘legitimate interests’ referred to above are:
• To prevent fraud or criminal activity and to safeguard our IT systems;
• To customize individuals’ online experience and improve the performance usability and effectiveness of our online presence;
• To conduct, and to analyze, our marketing activities;
• To meet our corporate and social responsibility obligations;
• To exercise our fundamental rights in the EU under Articles 16 and 17 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights, including our freedom to conduct a business and right to property.
Cookies will typically be placed on your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you visit us online. This allows the site to remember your computer or device and serve a number of purposes.
On our website’s home page, a notification banner (cookie banner) will appear allowing you to manage your consent to collect cookies. Below is a summary of the categories of cookies collected on our websites, and how your consent may impact your experience of certain features as you navigate those websites:
• Necessary cookies: Strictly necessary cookies are
essential in order to enable users to move around the
website and use its features, such as accessing secure
areas of the website. These cookies must be enabled or
the site will not function, and cannot be blocked;
• Analytics cookies: Analytics cookies are cookies used to gather data to enhance the performance of a website. You can manage your consent for performance cookies using the cookie banner, or by updating your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu) to not accept cookies;
• Functionality cookies: Functionality cookies are used to remember customer selections that change the way the site behaves or looks. You may opt-out of these cookies, but it will impact your experience on the website, and you may need to repeat certain selections each time you visit.You can manage your consent for functionality cookies using the cookie banner, or by updating your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu) to not accept cookies;
You can manage your consent using the cookie banner, or by updating your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu) to not accept cookies. If you wish to revoke your selection, you may do so by clearing your browser’s cookies, or by updating your preferences in the cookie banner. Further information about managing cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through sites such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Below is a list of the types of cookies used on our web sites:
|Type & Expiry
|Analytics (i.e., User’s Browser)
|Our web sites are built using common internet platforms. These have built-in cookies which help compatibility issues (e.g., to identify your browser type) and improve performance (e.g., quicker loading of content).
|Session, deleted upon closing the browser, or persistent.
|Our cookies may also remember your site preferences (e.g., language) or seek to enhance your experience (e.g., by personalizing a greeting or content). This will apply to areas where you have registered specifically for access or create an account.
|Session, deleted upon closing the browser, or persistent.
|We use several third-party analytics tools to help us understand how site visitors use our website. This allows us to improve the quality and content on our website for our visitors. The aggregated statistical data cover items such as total visits or page views, and referrers to our website.
|Persistent, but will delete automatically after two years if you no longer visit our website.
|We use third party social media widgets or buttons to provide you with additional functionality to share content from our web pages to social media web sites and email. Use of these widgets or buttons may place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use, ensure your interaction is displayed on our web pages (e.g. the social share count cache is updated) and log information about your activities across the Internet and on our web sites. We encourage you to review each provider’s privacy information before using any such service.
|Persistent, but will be deleted automatically after two years if you no longer visit our website.
Other third-party tools and widgets might be used on our individual web pages from time to time to provide additional functionality. Depending on how you set your preferences in your browser and/or the cookie banner, use of these tools or widgets may place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use, and ensure your interaction is displayed on our webpages properly.
Cookies by themselves do not tell us your email address or otherwise identify you personally. In our analytical reports, we will obtain other identifiers including IP addresses, but this is for the purpose of identifying the number of unique visitors to our web sites and geographic origin of visitor trends, and not to identify individual visitors.
In addition, our website may host blogs, forums, crowd-sourcing and other applications or services (collectively “”). The purpose of social media features is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and content. Any personal information that you provide on any of these social media features will typically be shared with other users of that social media feature (unless otherwise stated at the point of collection), over whom we often have limited or no control.
• Access and correction: you have the right to access to
that data. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access
Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide
personal information to you, we will provide it to you
free of charge. Before providing personal information to
you, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient
information about your interactions with us that we can
locate your personal information. If the information we
hold about you is incorrect, you are entitled to ask us
to correct any inaccuracies in the personal
• Object to processing: you have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it anymore;
• Other Rights: in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards.
i) as the information is necessary to comply with an
ii) as necessary to comply with legal, regulatory, internal business or policy requirements, or
iii) until that person asks that the information be deleted.
The period for which data is retained will depend on the specific nature and circumstances under which the information was collected; however, subject to the requirements of i)–iii) above, personal information will not be retained for more than 2 years.
By registering on our website, you agree to the use of your personal information in accordance with the privacy statement of our website you are visiting.
If you are interested in learning more about our services or are looking to request a quote please contact us.